What are the disadvantages of nuclear power?
The main disadvantages of nuclear energy include its environmental impact, it is extremely water-intensive, there is a risk of nuclear accidents, management of radioactive waste is problematic, and it is non-renewable.
Which of these is a disadvantage of nuclear power as an alternative energy source?
Disadvantages of nuclear energy
Uranium is technically non-renewable. Very high upfront costs. Nuclear waste. Malfunctions can be catastrophic.
What are 10 disadvantages of nuclear energy?
10 Biggest Disadvantages of Nuclear Energy
- Raw material. Safety measures needed to prevent the harmful levels of radiation from uranium.
- Fuel Availability. …
- High Cost. …
- Nuclear Waste. …
- Risk of Shutdown Reactors. …
- Impact on Human Life. …
- Nuclear Power a Non Renewable Resource. …
- National Risks.
What are the disadvantages of nuclear energy Class 10?
Advantages of Nuclear Energy
- It produces a large amount of energy for a small amount of fuel.
- Once we put the nuclear fuel in the reactor, it can produce energy for 2 or 3 years continuously, we do not need to put fuel again and again.
- No greenhouse gas is emitted while producing Nuclear Energy.
What are 3 disadvantages of nuclear energy?
Nuclear Energy Cons
- Expensive to Build. Despite being relatively inexpensive to operate, nuclear power plants are incredibly expensive to build—and the cost keeps rising. …
- Accidents. …
- Produces Radioactive Waste. …
- Impact on the Environment. …
- Security Threat. …
- Limited Fuel Supply.
What is nuclear power advantages and disadvantages?
Advantages and disadvantages of nuclear power stations
|Does not contribute to global warming.||Local thermal pollution from wastewater affects marine life.|
|Very low fuel costs.||Large-scale accidents can be catastrophic.|
Which is not a disadvantage of nuclear energy?
Which is NOT a disadvantage of nuclear energy? Air pollution occurs while the nuclear plant is active. Nuclear power plants are very difficult to build. Acquiring nuclear fuel requires mining.
What is a disadvantage of geothermal energy?
The largest single disadvantage of geothermal energy is that it is location specific. Geothermal plants need to be built in places where the energy is accessible, which means that some areas are not able to exploit this resource.
What are the disadvantages of nuclear energy Class 9?
Disadvantages of using nuclear energy are:
- Radioactive waste that results from nuclear power plants and nuclear reactions are a big threat to the environment.
- It involves huge investment and is not economical.
- Requires skilled labourers to construct, maintain and monitor the nuclear plant.
What are the disadvantages of generating hydroelectricity?
Here are a few of the main disadvantages of hydroelectric energy.
- It Has an Environmental Impact. Perhaps the largest disadvantage of hydroelectric energy is the impact it can have on the environment. …
- It Displaces People. …
- It’s Expensive. …
- There are Limited Reservoirs. …
- There are Droughts. …
- It’s Not Always Safe.
What are the disadvantages of fossil fuels Class 10?
The disadvantages of fossil fuels are:
- The burning of coal and petroleum produces a lot of pollutants, causing air pollution.
- Fossil fuels release oxides of carbon, nitrogen, sulphur, etc., that cause acid rain, affecting soil fertility and potable water.