Advantage: uses sun panels to power homes and heat water and homes. Disadvantage: high cost of solar cells and requires lots of cells to power a city, very expensive.
What is a disadvantage of solar energy quizlet?
A disadvantage of solar energy is that it can be used only in tectonically active areas. An advantage of using biomass as an energy resource is that it reduces the amount of organic matter thrown into landfills.
What are the advantages of solar energy quizlet?
Solar energy is unlimited which means it will never run out. It is environmentally friendly which means it is good for the environment and doesn’t release any harmful waste products.
What are 2 main advantages of using solar energy quizlet?
Terms in this set (7)
Solar energy has two advantages: the “fuel” is free, and it’s nonpolluting. Some drawbacks are that the equipment and installation are expensive, when it is winter night or a cloudy day solar energy cannot be used.
What are 5 advantages of solar energy?
Advantages of Solar Energy
- Renewable Energy Source. Among all the benefits of solar panels, the most important thing is that solar energy is a truly renewable energy source. …
- Reduces Electricity Bills. …
- Diverse Applications. …
- Low Maintenance Costs. …
- Technology Development. …
- Cost. …
- Weather-Dependent. …
- Solar Energy Storage Is Expensive.
What are disadvantages of solar energy?
The Disadvantages of Solar Energy
- SOLAR ENERGY IS DAYTIME AND WEATHER DEPENDENT.
- SOLAR ENERGY STORAGE IS EXPENSIVE.
- SOLAR PANELS USE A LOT OF SPACE.
- SOLAR ENERGY SYSTEMS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH POLLUTION.
- IT’S A RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCE.
- IT REDUCES ELECTRICITY BILLS.
- SOLAR ENERGY HAS DIVERSE APPLICATIONS.
What is an advantage of using passive or active solar systems quizlet?
Passive and active solar heating systems can heat water and buildings effectively, and the costs of using direct sunlight to produce high-temperature heat and electricity are coming down.
What are the advantages and disadvantages to using wind energy quizlet?
Terms in this set (6)
- Requires large amounts of land. Disadvantage.
- Some people think it is ugly. Disadvantage.
- Can hurt flying wildlife. Disadvantage.
- Renewable. Advantage.
- No pollution. Advantage.
- Easy to build. Advantage.
What are the advantages and disadvantages to using fossil fuels quizlet?
Terms in this set (18)
- Pro 1. Provides a reliable source of energy.
- Pro 2. Inexpensive.
- Con 1. Bad for earth.
- Pro 3. Quite stable in nature when compared to other fuels.
- Pro 4. More available than other fuels.
- Con 2. 1 disaster can cause lots of death in animal life.
- Con 3. Large amount of carbon dioxide is released.
- Pro 5.
Which is one of the disadvantages of using fossil fuels as an energy resource quizlet?
Which is one of the disadvantages of using fossil fuels as an energy resource? Gases released during combustion can form acid rain. Why is nuclear energy considered to be a nonrenewable energy resource?