How do you put money on a smart meter?
It’s really easy to do – just follow these simple steps:
- Visit our smart meter top-up website. Once you’re there, select Top-up now.
- Choose your service. …
- Give us your reference number and contact details. …
- Enter your payment details and confirm. …
- Check your confirmation.
How do you put the electric back on a smart meter?
Manually Reconnecting your 2nd Generation Smart Meter using your IHD
- Press the menu icon (it’s in the bottom right of your screen).
- Press TOP UP.
- Choose the fuel you want to reconnect. …
- Press OK.
- Enter the 20-digit code you’ve got via email or text (you’ll get separate codes for electricity and gas).
Can you top up a smart meter without card?
You can still top up without having a smart card. You just need your smart card number. It’s a 19-digit number written on your smart card. So as long as you have the number saved, you can use it to top up.
Why is my smart meter not topping up?
Why isn’t my top up showing on my meter or IHD? It’s normal for smart meters to lose signal from time to time, just like mobile phones. This means it might take longer than usual for your top-up to show up as energy credit.
How do I reconnect my electricity UK?
The process for getting reconnected is the same for requesting a new service. An application for a new service will need to be submitted to our connections department. We will then provide a quotation for the work and send a technician to site once payment has been received to discuss any work you need to do.
How do you load electricity on a prepaid meter?
How do I load the pre-payment meter with electricity? When you purchase electricity you will receive a slip, an SMS or an e-mail (depending on the method of purchase). This slip will include the meter number and a 20 digit token. Punch the 20 digit token number into the meter, followed by the enter button.
Can you top up British Gas by phone?
To top up your British Gas electricity meter over the phone, call 0300 100 0303. You will need your customer reference number and your debit or credit card details.
What is the minimum amount you can put on an electric key British Gas?
Currently, British Gas customers can top up their key or card with a minimum of £1 using PayPoint, meaning people struggling can put just a few quid in the meter to tide them over until their next payday. But with Payzone, the minimum will be £5 a time.
How do I top up my prepaid meter?
How to recharge prepaid meter using Quickteller
- Visit quickteller.com and choose a distribution company. …
- Fill in your details. …
- Fill in your card details and make the payment. …
- Confirm the payment and top-up the recharge code. …
- Once done, you will receive a successful payment message at the top of the page.
How do you get a meter reading from a smart meter?
To get a reading from these smart meters:
- Press 9 on the keypad.
- A series of letters will appear: IMP KWH.
- Then you’ll see 8 digits (e.g. 0012565.3) followed by kWh at the bottom right of the screen.
- This is your read, so in this case your reading would be 12565.