Simply register your new gas card/electricity key before you topping up. You can do this by popping it into the meter and leaving it there until it beeps.
How do I use an electric meter key?
Using your electricity top up key
- Use up all the credit on your meter before you plug in your new key. …
- Plug your Bulb key into the meter and wait for 60 seconds. …
- Top up at your nearest Paypoint or Payzone. …
- After topping up, plug your Bulb key back into your meter and wait for 5 seconds.
How does electric key work?
How does electric key top-up and gas card top-up work? To top up energy you’ll use a key for an electricity prepayment meter or a card for a gas prepayment meter. Once you’ve topped up, slot your card or key into the prepayment meter. Your meter will show how much money is left and how much energy you’ve used.
How do I activate emergency credit on electric meter with key?
How to use emergency credit on your Pay As You Go electricity meter
- Insert (or take out and re-insert) your key into your electricity meter. This will activate the emergency credit.
- You’ll need to pay back the emergency credit and anything else you owe to return to normal use.
What happens if my emergency credit runs out?
What if I don’t access my emergency credit, or I use it up so it runs out? Once you’ve run out of credit, your energy will disconnect and go off supply – but don’t worry, as soon as you top up, it should automatically reconnect when you insert your key or card into the meter again.
How do I top up my prepaid meter?
How to recharge prepaid meter using Quickteller
- Visit quickteller.com and choose a distribution company. …
- Fill in your details. …
- Fill in your card details and make the payment. …
- Confirm the payment and top-up the recharge code. …
- Once done, you will receive a successful payment message at the top of the page.
How do I activate my electric key?
Activating your card
- Put your key or card into the meter for at least a minute to activate it.
- Top up your key or card at a convenient Payzone or Post Office.
- Put the key or card into your meter. Electricity credit will transfer automatically.
How do I top up my Eon gas card?
Hand over your key or card to the shop assistant and ask for a top up to the value you want. You can only top up in full pounds. Once you’ve paid, they’ll take your key or card, pop it in their machine and add your new credit. Please make sure you keep your receipt.
Does EON have a standing charge?
A standing charge is what you pay us for providing your supply of gas, electricity or both. It’s part of your tariff, every tariff we offer includes a standing charge. You pay this daily, whether you’re using energy or not. Think of it like paying line rental for your phone.
How do I activate emergency credit on Eon electric meter?
Electricity – Press button ‘A’ when “Emergency Credit” is flashing as available on the screen. When prompted press ‘B’ to accept emergency credit. “Emergency Credit accepted” will now be shown on screen.
Can you put emergency electric on without key?
To access your Emergency Credit you must have the key or card in the meter. You’ll need to pay back the Emergency Credit next time you top up, and any remainder will be put on as credit. If you use all your Emergency Credit and don’t top up to replace it, you may not have an energy supply until you have repaid it.
How do I get a new Eon Electric key?
Alternatively, to get a new card or key, you can fill in our form online or find help and support on our Facebook page, or tweet @EONhelp. We’re online 8am to 8pm from Monday to Friday and 8am to 4pm on Saturdays. Or you can call us on 0345 303 3040 (we’re here 9am to 5pm from Monday to Friday).
How can I get my electricity turned back on with no money?
Public assistance, mostly from TANF type programs, can also help people with no or limited funds to turn on their electric service. These resources are usually run by a social service department. The cash aid is used for households impacted by a shut off of their lights, heat, and more.
How can I get free prepaid electricity?
STEP 1: Dial *120*321# on your cellphone. STEP 2: Dial 1 to select Prepaid. STEP 3: Dial 3 to select Electricity. STEP 4: Dial 2 to select Claim Free Basic Electricity (FBE).
What is friendly credit?
If your Emergency Credit runs out during the week after 2pm*, your supplies will NOT go off until 10am* the following day. This will give you enough time to top-up your gas and/or electricity. … This extra emergency supply is called ‘Friendly Credit’.