What is an advantage of solar energy *?
Solar power is pollution-free and causes no greenhouse gases to be emitted after installation. Reduced dependence on foreign oil and fossil fuels. Renewable clean power that is available every day of the year, even cloudy days produce some power. Return on investment unlike paying for utility bills.
What are the disadvantages of solar energy class 10?
Disadvantage of Solar Cells
- They are very expensive. This is due to the following.
- Solar cells have low efficiency. They can convert only about 25 per cent of the light energy falling on them into electricity.
- The solar cells cannot work at night (when sunlight is not available).
What are 2 disadvantages of solar energy?
Disadvantages of Solar Energy
- Cost. The initial cost of purchasing a solar system is fairly high. …
- Weather-Dependent. Although solar energy can still be collected during cloudy and rainy days, the efficiency of the solar system drops. …
- Solar Energy Storage Is Expensive. …
- Uses a Lot of Space. …
- Associated with Pollution.
What are disadvantages of solar energy?
The Disadvantages of Solar Energy
- SOLAR ENERGY IS DAYTIME AND WEATHER DEPENDENT.
- SOLAR ENERGY STORAGE IS EXPENSIVE.
- SOLAR PANELS USE A LOT OF SPACE.
- SOLAR ENERGY SYSTEMS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH POLLUTION.
- IT’S A RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCE.
- IT REDUCES ELECTRICITY BILLS.
- SOLAR ENERGY HAS DIVERSE APPLICATIONS.