How do I apply for prepaid electricity?
The following documents are mandatory when applying for a prepaid electricity meter:
- I.D document of applicant.
- Proof of ownership.
- Authority from landlord – proxy letter, I.D copy & I.D copy. of the landlord.
- Registered contractor details.
- Open an account with a refundable deposit of R100. CLICK HERE TO ENTER.
How do I buy electricity for a prepaid meter?
Your online or mobile banking app
- Navigate through the app to the ‘Buy’ button and then the ‘electricity’ button.
- Follow the prompts and once complete you will receive your 20 digital token via the app or SMS.
- Punch the number into your prepaid electricity meter.
How can I get my prepaid electricity token?
How can I get my previously purchased Tokens? SMS “LAST ELEC” to 32904 to Receive an sms with your previous electricity tokens or Look up your previously purchased electricity tokens now by going to the check your last token page.
How can I recharge my prepaid meter?
How to recharge prepaid meter using bank mobile applications
- Log in to your mobile bank application.
- Click on the pay electrical bill feature.
- Pick the electricity distribution company with which your prepaid meter is registered.
- Fill in your prepaid meter number and the amount you wish to purchase.
How many units of electricity does an R100 use?
“Behind the scenes, it’s changing the fixed costs. So if you normally use a R100 pay-as-go coupon, and let’s say you got 50 units for your R100, under the new tariff structure, the fixed costs are going to be R75 out of your R100 and you will only get 30 units for your electricity.”
How do I buy electricity online with Absa?
How to buy prepaid electricity for a new beneficiary
- Logon to the Absa Banking App.
- Tap on the Buy electricity icon in the top right of screen.
- Tap Buy for someone new.
- Enter Recipient meter number. …
- Enter Meter name. …
- On the Purchase details screen select the account you would like to use.
How do I buy electricity with Telkom?
To use the service, users simply send an SMS containing their prepaid electricity meter number to 42004 and the 20-digit prepaid electricity token is returned in an SMS. No pre-registration or bank account is required. No smartphone app or download or internet access is required. All transactions are made via SMS.
How do I buy electricity tokens?
How to Buy Kenya Power (KPLC) Prepaid Tokens via M-PESA Paybill Number 888880.
- Go to Safaricom SIM Tool Kit, select M-PESA menu, select “Lipa na M-PESA“
- Select “Pay Bill“
- Select “Enter Business no.“, Enter KPLC’s Lipa na M-PESA PayBill Number 888880 and press “OK”
How can I get my meter number from prepaid meter?
How do I find my prepaid meter number? Each prepaid meter has got a unique ID, the length of this ID changes from meter supplier to supplier. The typical length is 11 or 7 digits but in rare cases it can be 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 and 13. This number can be located on the card supplied with the prepaid meter.
What happens when your prepaid electricity runs out?
Prepaid meters automatically disconnect if the tokens run out. This can happen at any time, day or night, in an emergency, if you didn’t correctly calculate how long the beans will take to cook for supper or that your child forgot to iron his or her school clothes the day before.